Monday, October 12, 2009

Burt's Bees Review


This time of the year is always an awful time for skin. Most people I know suffer from horrible dry skin when the weather turns so cold. Reason being? The temperature differences. Outside is very cold, you come inside, it's warm. The warm dry air sucks all the moisture from your skin.

My face/body never gets dry during the winter. MINUS my hands. The skin on my hands dries out worse than anyone I know. On top of that, I work with my 91 year old grandma who has visiting nurses and occupational therapists and all sorts of people in and out of the house all day. Which means I wash my hands SOOO much. I hate thinking about germs, and the fact that I could pass something to my daughter! I also work with puppies so we use tons of hand sanitizer (just like I could spread germs to you, puppies can spread germs to other puppies.)

Lately my skin around my cuticles has been sooo beyond repair, I am embarrassed to shake anyones hands or even show my hands!! While at Target over the summer, I saw they had the Burt's Bees line, and after browsing, I picked up some of their Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme.

There is only one thing that I don't like about this product. The tin it comes in is slightly on the difficult side of opening. It doesn't twist off or on, it's one that you have to pull open which can be tough. As far as I am concerned, that is the only downside. I don't particularly like the smell of most lemon products as they remind me of cleaning products, but this one doesn't have an overly lemony scent. I actually have two of these. I keep one next to my bed and one in my purse. I had totally forgotten about them until tonight when I kept thinking about all the cuticle products I had and which one I could keep in my purse.

I have found myself picking at my cuticles obsessively lately..rather than just using my cuticle nippers I keep ripping the skin. I think it's out of boredom? I know it's not a nervous habit. I don't know.

Buttt I only have good things to say about this stuff. In just a few short hours my cuticles already look soooo much better! It's not greasy, it absorbs quickly, but not so quick that you don't even know that you've put anything on them, it's fantastic for your nails as well. I can't say enough about it! I love it! I would recommend it to EVERYONEEE!

I have also seen it at walgreens for about $6 for a .6 oz tin which is the size I keep next to my bed. I have the .30 oz tin in my purse. I actually got it as a part of their Head to Toe kit which is about $15.

Ok, I need to stop this review, overall I LOVE this stuff & you all need to get it !!!

No comments: