Friday, January 29, 2010

eBay Seller Sucess!


I have been selling on ebay for a few years now, and though I am not a newbie, I definitely do not know everything there is to know about ebay.

Recently my mom gave me a vintage camera lens, sun shade, and light meter from my fathers old camera, she wasn't sure if I could sell it, but I knew I could since it was vintage and it's camera equipment. I did some research on ebay by checking out completed listings to see how much they were going for. I was surprised to see the particular lens was selling between $40-$100. I waited a few days and checked out a few more auctions since I really knew NOTHING about the lens.

I listed it with a regular 7 day auction, nothing fancy, the auction cost me nothing to list and sold for $53.03.

lens & shade = free
selling price = $53.03
ebay fees = (about) $3
profit= (about) $50

Thrift shops/flea markets/garage sales are great places to look for items to sell on ebay! Do you have an ebay success story? Email me at katiecouturexo at cox dot net and maybe I will post your story on here!

No comments: